Monday, July 7, 2008

My latest project

I recently acquired a sewing machine (many thanks to my mother-in-law) and so I started a relatively small project of making a baby quilt. (no, it's not for us :) The last time I made a quilt I had my mom beside me to guide me and so this time, I couldn't just ask mom what to do. I just had to go for it and figure things out on my own. So far I think I have done okay. I did have to rip a few seams out but that's not too bad. Well, anyway, here are pictures of the quilt. This is just the top and I still have to put the batting and back and binding on so there is still work to do but this is the most interesting part. It has been a lot of fun to figure this out and hopefully it is the first of many. Mom, I hope you enjoy and know that all that I learned about sewing is from you so thank you!

3 comments:

Nilsens said...

Looks great!! I really like the pattern and the colors are pretty. Good job!! :) Love ya!

The Erickson Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! Once we find our if our baby is a boy or girl can I place an order? :o) I'm pretty serious actually...

The Erickson Family said...

The baby is a boy!!! Soooo... can I place an order??? :o)