Monday, May 5, 2008

On the drive home



One of the blessings that I have in my life is, amazingly, the drive that I have to work every day. If you haven't been to Phoenix before, let me explain a little bit. Phoenix is surrounded on all sides by mountain ranges. Brian and I live on the northwest corner of the city and I work on the west-central border of the city. My school is right at the base of the White Tank mountains. The city is continuously expanding but the area I drive through is still very much farm land. I don't know exactly what they farm but I know I enjoy looking out as I drive and seeing tractors in the fields. One of the plots of land I drive by recently planted flowers. I love driving by this area because it has so many colors. The picture doesn't doe the scene justice but I thought I would share anyway. Most people think of Phoenix as brown and dry and it is, but there is plenty of beauty to be found here and I just wanted to share a little piece of that with you.

No comments: