Friday, October 2, 2009

Maestro, the Cat!

It is Friday evening and I am sitting outside with a cool breeze and gray clouds overhead and I am loving it. I am now officially on my fall break and this is a perfect way to start the week. Not only is it beautiful but I have some fun entertainment. Maestro, our kitten/cat, is mostly a house cat. He has been outside once for about 10 minutes and that was it...until now. He is outside with me and he is very fun to watch. It took him a few tries to get used to walking on grass. Granted, we don't have the softest grass in the world but it is so funny to me (a farm girl) to see a timid cat. I also watched him try to pounce on his first bird. Thankfully, he didn't catch it. I'm not sure what I would have done. I don't think the bird expected to see a cat here either because he let Maestro get pretty close. Either that or he was just a confident bird. :)

I can't believe the first quarter is over already. For those of you who don't know, I switched schools this year. I am still in the same district but I am at a brand new middle school. It is a lot closer to our house so that has been a blessing. I am glad to be at this school but I never would have guessed how much goes into starting a new school. There were so many things that I took for granted at my previous school. I didn't realize how much time and energy went into establishing the policies and procedures of a school. It sure makes me appreciate it a lot more. Even though one quarter is over, in some ways I feel like I am still in the first few weeks of school. I have this feeling it will be like that to some extent all year.

Brian is still at the same high school. The school went back to a traditional schedule and that is really good for his programs. He does have to do band this year, which is not his choice but things seem to be going ok in that area. The band played at their first football game last week and they sounded pretty good. It was fun to be there to see and hear them. Brian also had his first choir concert of the year this past Tuesday. That went really well and he had the biggest crowd he has ever had so things are starting to look up.

Well, that is a quick update for us. Until next time...

No comments: